We hope you’ve been following us on Facebook @M3CollisionCenter for latest tips and information on accident prevention. In this week’s post we cover what to do if you've had an accident. Being prepared can ease stress in these chaotic and often frantic situations.
- Assist the injured and control the scene. Make sure to call 911 if anyone is injured. If you are not injured and do not require any emergency assistance, make sure you are clear of any oncoming traffic. Put your hazards on so other vehicles are aware your car is not in motion.
- Notify the police and submit a report. The law requires you to call the police and file a report upon an accident. If police don't show up, head to your local police station. A police report may help in the future should you need to file any claims.
- Document the scene and exchange information. Make sure to have information such as names, addresses, vehicle information, license plate number, driver’s license number, insurance carriers and policy numbers. Take photos as well. This will make the process smoother once you call your own insurance provider.
- Notify Your Insurance Carrier. Most insurance carriers have staff available 24/7. Collecting the aforementioned information will help get through your claim a lot faster!
- Get Your Vehicle repaired. This is where M3 Collision comes to the rescue. Your insurance will provide some recommendations of local auto body shops in your area, but you want to make sure you are receiving quality service at an excellent rate. So before you rush to any auto repair shop, do some research.
At M3 Collision Center we're experts in collision repair and work tirelessly to provide you with key information to prevent such accidents. If you find yourself in a fender bender, please don't hesitate to give us a call.
If you have any questions you call us at 732-988-9401 or visit one of our our three locations in Monmouth County, New Jersey:
- M3 Collision – Rt 35 North, Neptune
- M3 Collision – South Main St, Neptune
- M3 Collision – 2 US Hwy 9 North & Texas Rd